[Wiltshire] Has anybody had laptops that refuse to speak to any SATA hard disk?

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:27:59 BST 2008

I've had hard disk failures write off the IDE port on motherboards before
now. I hope the motherboard SATA connection hasn't been damaged by the disk
failure. Can you borrow another SATA drive to try? I've recently had a new
Seagate 2.5" SATA disk delivered that was doa, even though it did spin up,
so don't assume that the new drive is OK, unless you have tested it
elsewhere. Not much encouragement, sorry to say. Greg