[Wiltshire] Difference in broadband speeds around the UK

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Jun 5 18:43:37 BST 2008

On Thursday 05 Jun 2008, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> But speed isn't everything, I think I'd prefer reliability over speed if
> given the choice, especially in rural areas where shopping or doing
> school/college work at the library isn't a case of a short walk or bus
> ride.
>
> Dianne

There was an item on the news this morning saying that providers are going to
begin stating what speed they actually expect a line to provide and charge
accordingly, rather than the ridiculous "up to" that we currently have.

We'll see.

I'd agree on the reliability. Virgin/NTL was being a PITA for a good while,
but I'll touch the wooden book shelf as I click Send on this message...

Dave