[Wiltshire] Linux meeting in Swindon

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:26:50 BST 2008

G'Day,

On 24/06/2008, Andrew Meredith <andrew at anvil.org> wrote:

[query on partitions]

> Just to throw another view in and add to the confusion >;)
>
>  http://www.anvil.org/articles/linux-partitions/

I have had a quick read and it does provide some good advice for disc
partitioning. The way I think about disc partitioning does seem to
follow what is described but my final solution tends to be tailored to
the machine. But then I run old hardware and other OS's apart from
Linux - but the general approach is the same - divide up the disc
between enough to boot, operating system, and user data.

The document also provides an entry point to start to think about
disaster recovery, how this can be easily achieved etc.

Simon