[Wiltshire] On the borrow

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Mon Oct 6 22:32:42 UTC 2008

> I've an acquaintance who has a dead laptop with
> files on the hard drive that he'd rather like to extract.
> Does anybody around Swindon have a suitable USB external
> hard drive enclosure that they'd be willing to lend for
> a once off recovery job?

If the laptop is newer and the disk is SATA, you just
   attach it to a desktop directly.
If the laptop is older and the disk is PATA, its' probably
   2.5" drive.. I'm sure I had an adapter for that at
   some point...I do have an enclosure.. but I'd need
   to find that 3.5" to 2.5" adapter assy !!!


More information about the Wiltshire mailing list