[Wiltshire] New Members.

John Larkworthy john_larkworthy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 13:47:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

We seem to be acquiring a steady stream of new subscriptions to the mailing list. So let me give you all a warm welcome.

If you have a particular problem or issue then please post to this list.

If you fancy face to face meetings we meet on the second Monday of the Month (avoids all the Bank Holidays except the next one) at the Sir Daniel Arms in Swindon New Town(SN1 1RQ). link to a map.(http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SN1%201RQ). These are unstructured meeting so we may not be able to answer all questions but we will try to post answers on the mailing list if something important is discussed.

I accept that a geeks night out is not to everyone's taste so we are organising an event at the Central Library in Swindon in 2 Weeks time.

I am trying to structure this event as more of a Free and Open Source event rather than just Linux. It side steps the discussion of my "PC came with an OS so why would I take it off for Linux". My answer is now "Just run free software and when the bloat ware gets too big switch to a more efficient OS" but have you got a better one?

Once again welcome

John.