[Wiltshire] Linux 2.6.28, ondemand governor and nice 19 processes

Richard Reynolds richard at uberpussy.net
Sun Feb 22 20:45:16 UTC 2009

Have you rolled your own kernel or used a Gentoo one? It could be that
the default options have changed. Fire up your kernel config and check
the settings, sounds like it isn't kicking in at all.

It may also be the case that your CPU is an unlucky one this update as
there are various instances where the governor code doesn't work due
to CPUs own governors etc. It may well be fixed in the next
incarnation