[Wiltshire] Meeting tomorrow

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 09:12:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 11:17 +0000, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Monday 09 March 2009 09:55:34 John Larkworthy wrote:
> >
> > Dave and I want to organise an FLOSS event at Swindon Central Library  -
> > suggestions about what software would be good to hook people into asking
> > for more. Do people have any good FLOSS presentations we can adapt to a
> > wider audience?
>
> What concerns me is, the person we have met there appears to make all the
> right noises face to face, then gives every impression that she's doing
> nothing after we've walked away i.e. I sent another email some time ago
> and.... nothing.
>
> Dave

I know Central would be ideal, but we had better response from North
Swindon library (by Asda-Walmart) when looking for somewhere for a
weekly knitting/crochet meet. They immediately said "That would be great
- we don't have much for adults at the moment", and we've met there for
several months now. It's in the same place as Swindon College north
Swindon branch, has lots of free parking and plenty of buses, and has a
space by the door which often seems to be used for seasonal displays and
events. Quite a bit of passing foot traffic with the supermarket and
other shops.

Dianne