[Wiltshire] DAQ // Comedi under Linux

Ben BenAtNoFixedAbode at lineone.net
Fri Sep 25 06:58:17 UTC 2009

Not that exactly but I have done that sort of thing on Windows and been
associated with Linux SCADA projects at work.

TBH the last time I put a measurement card into a computer was
approximately18 years ago.  We tend to add external hardware that is
accessed either by a serial port (RS232 or RS422 or RS485) or more
commonly today ethernet.

Normally you just have to implement some fairly simple communications
protocol (e.g. MODBUS).

Obviously you have to be able to afford the external hardware, did you
have a budget in mind?

There are a couple of modules I used recently at work, one is ADAM I
can't remember the other.

Let us know if you would like more detail.

Cheers
Ben