[Wiltshire] Multiple Versions of Software

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Fri Sep 17 13:05:34 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-16 16:00, Simon Sanders wrote:
> Could someone please advise me.
> My PCLinuxOS system crashed whilst I was running a Synaptic upgrade and
I haven't heard of that distro being used much!  RPM based system?

> I now have 2 versions of 19 files installed.
> Is it safe simply to uninstall the older version of each file?
> Most of the files appear to be kernel-related or libraries.

I think we would probably benefit from the more detailed / exact
   error message in order to have a better clue.
If it is an older system and the older version of the files aren't
   causing you a problem and you are uncertain then I'd be tempted
   to leave it....

> Advice much appreciated. Simon Sanders

--Simon