[Wiltshire] LUG location for meetings

daveg at boavon.plus.com daveg at boavon.plus.com
Mon Jan 10 20:31:03 UTC 2011

> I am convinced that Wiltshire is a difficult county due to geography to
> establish meetings and activities. With 2 centres of population - Swindon
> and
> Salisbury, separated by the Plain, the county seems to function in 2
> halves but
> neither half is capable of fully sustaining the LUG.

I totally agree - but dont forget the area bounded by Devizes, Melksham,
Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon, Corsham, etc

It just needs to find its own level - either there is a need for Linux
users to meet socially or there isn't.  Like it or not Linux relies on
viral marketing and there are other means available other than
face-to-face.

I've never been able to get my head round the Linux business model.  Just
what is the aim?  And how does LUG play a part?
DaveG