[Wiltshire] Swindon LUG meetings

Robert Bronsdon reashlin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:57:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:47:34 -0000, Tony Hessler (V)
<tony.hessler at virgin.net> wrote:

> It's not all bad news. My daughter, currently at Bournemouth Uni is
> expected to provide work for assessment in Open Office format.

That would be department specific.

Also I hope that's not actually the case. Only one of my lecturers (at
Bournemouth) recognised that my printed and .pdf documents were generated
in LaTeX. I really dislike this idea of academics "having" to use any one
tool, it is completely against the grain of academia. What should be
important is the content of the work.

--
Robert Bronsdon