[Wiltshire] rsync very selectively

Ben BenAtNoFixedAbode at lineone.net
Mon Jun 11 16:09:10 UTC 2012

My experience of the file copy commands on all operating systems is that
if you ask it to do it recursively and use a wild-card match it uses the
wild-card match to determine which directories to recurse into.  Not at
all useful in my experience.

What I have done on Linux (there is basically no solution on Windows but
then we don't really care about that here do we) is use the find command
to isolate the files I am interested in and then perform whatever
command I want on them.  However if you wish to preserve directory
structure it may not be that straight forward.

Anyway those are my thoughts, try find.

Cheers
Ben