[Wiltshire] WiFi cards again!

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun Apr 28 14:53:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've been given an HP Pavilion ze5232. Now that I've purged it of XP and
installed Ubuntu 12.04 it's working a whole lot better.

I'm trying it out with a Card Bus type WiFi adaptor with which works
fine but of course it's better to have an internal WiFi card. There's a
socket that looks like it's meant to accept a WiFi card under one of the
covers but, unlike the old Toshiba laptop I acquired some years ago,
there's no sign that I can see of any WiFi antenna plugs.

Stupid question probably, but, are there any internal cards with built
in antennas or do I have to take out all the screws and try to open up
the case to install the antennas myself?

Regards,

Dave