[Wiltshire] Virgin Media IPv6?

Neil Perry nperry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 11:19:47 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

On 20 January 2014 11:10, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:

> I came across this site yesterday
>
> http://whatsmyip.net/
>
> which correctly displays my IPv4 address i.e. it's the same address as
> all the other sites show. BUT it also quotes an IPv6 address which
> is
> ​​
> ::ffff:5615:41eb.

​I too am on Virgin Media, fibre, and getting returned an IPv6 address of
::ffff:5222:bd6c.​

> No other "what's my IP address" type site that I can find shows any IPv6
> address, so could somebody else especially Virgin Media users please try
> it out?
>
> I'm expecting it to just be BS but could they have quietly switched it

​Looking through their forums, it seem that they have been testing IPv6, so
this could by why we are receiving ​this output.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-Setup-Equipment/IPv6-support-on-Virgin-media/td-p/35748/page/24

> on?
>
> Dave

Thanks,