[Wiltshire] Virgin Media IPv6?

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Mon Jan 20 16:22:27 UTC 2014

> I'm expecting it to just be BS but could they have quietly switched it
> Dave

Also, to clarify previous email etc. --

"Global"/Public IPv6 addresses should be from the 2000::/3 range --
Often  2001:  something-or-other for european ISP ranges...

And.. your local router would need to actually do something in order
to receive an IPv6-prefix and "announce" it on your local lan --
it can't just be ""switched on"" by ISP if they don't control
router config (e.g. TR-069 setup etc.). ...

I use static addressing, statically allocated IPv6 address to announce
on LAN, and this works fine for ISP with static allocation like that.

Think about it....

--Simon