[Wiltshire] HP Pro 3130

David Goldsbrough daveg at boavon.plus.com
Mon Dec 3 17:27:52 UTC 2018

Mike,

Here is your manual for your machine (and others)
http://images10.newegg.com/user-manual/user_manual_83-147-552.pdf

>From the manual, it would appear you must press F10 to access the BIOS
where in theory you can set the boot order.  The manual seems to suggest
that the USB is not one which you can boot from BUT it is possible the BIOS
has been updated since that manual was written.  OR you may need to kid it
somehow to boot from the USB.  In practice, constantly tap the F10 as you
switch on so that you can access the BIOS.

Should it not boot from the USB and/or it is incapable of booting from the
USB I would suspect a faulty USB stick - whatever corrupted your hard disk
could well have corrupted the USB also.  You could get another ISO image
onto an old USB stick to see if that works.

As the machine powers up you may also be able to tap the Escape key which
if it works should allow you to choose where to boot from.

I am unclear whether you have a DVD or CDROM drive in this device.  If the
former then burning an Linux ISO to a DVD drive maybe able to then boot
from that BUT if you only have a CDROM drive you will need to choose an ISO
that can only fit on a CD disk.

Hope this helps.
Come back if you need any further help.