[Wiltshire] Suspect hard drive infant mortality

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Nov 18 15:43:11 UTC 2020

Could somebody please take a quick look at this before I return the hard
drive I bought last month?

https://flightmaker.hopto.org/photos/IMG_20201118_145511_231.jpg

I got it set up with Mint 20, all working beautifully, then a few
mornings ago it did that. Not good.

Now, it tries to boot but just goes to the grub options screen. If I
select advanced options (either kernel) I get to the screen in the
picture.

I suspect I have a duff hard drive. From the start while I was
installing everything the laptop seemed to be vibrating slightly, as if
the platter(s) were not quite balanced properly.

Thanks for taking a look.

Dave