[Wiltshire] Suspect hard drive infant mortality

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Sun Nov 29 14:59:52 UTC 2020

> I set up the laptop again, at the moment it's behaving itself. It's
> using ext4 which I've never had a problem with before so I really don't
> know what happened to foul it up so badly.
> Dave

Not surprised if re-installed and fully updated, then behaves.....
Kernel changes and so-on!.

Still, I would  apt-get install memtest86+  and then the grub
boot menu [at least on bios/legacy install] will have memtest option
in any case!.

I would definitely memtest machine in any case...  Somebody on IRC
with linuxmint problems and weird sd-card filesystem-corruption etc
simply has a machine with RAM-errors!.

--Simon