[Wolves] viewing ram movies in debian

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Dec 14 20:40:01 2002

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
>> > IT looks pretty impressive though and does play all
>> > RealPlayer formats as well as Windows Media Player and
>> > others.
>
> I beg to differ:
>
> $ mplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/ram/dsatg2.ram
> Cache fill:  0.16% (67 bytes)    ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
> === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

>From http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/:
"We've began preparations for the real release: this pre-release is the RC1.
There are quite some features about it which make it the player supporting
all modern codecs of the world today. No other player can boast with support
for all of RealAudio/Video 9, Windows Media Audio/Video 9, Quicktime
Sorenson 3, QDesign Music Audio."

Might need a newer version ;)

Aq.

--
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad.