[Wolves] viewing ram movies in debian

Matt Warwick wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 18 14:23:00 2002

>That reminds me, I don't suppose there is anyway for me to record a
>streaming movie for future viewing is there?  the Real site doesnt sugges=
>this is possible=2E

Technically, no=2E

Untechnically (!?) there is a program you can get for windows (pretty sure=
 there isn't a linux equivalent, I had a look on sourceforge and couldn't =
see anything) called Streambox VCR which is no longer supported or produce=
d, because the company that made it got sued by Real Networks a year or so=
 back, it allows you to save a RealVideo or Windows Media stream (Basicall=
y anything that uses RTSP) to a file on your hard drive=2E

There is a download available here:
http://www=2Eafterdawn=2Ecom/software/audio_software/audio_tools/streambox=
_vcr=2Ecfm

I don't know if it runs under wine or crossover, but if you have access to=
 a windows box then it's a good peice of kit, I've used it a number of tim=
es=2E

Matt