[Wolves] Merry Christmas

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Dec 20 12:42:01 2002

Dan spoo'd forth:
>> Next year sometime. But you clearly don't need it; get an SL-5500 :)
>>
> Well the fact that the word 'Intel' is mentioned in connection with the
> new processor does put me off a bit...  :)
>
> Although as far as I can see, the processor+the memory seem to be the
> only differences - am I missing something?

Not as far as I can tell. I am nowhere near filling up the memory on mine,
and afaics the new SL-5600 has a faster processor (so? Mine's fine) and more
memory (so? Mine's fine) and that's it. Moreover, it'll be five hundred quid
and 5500s are now down to 250-300. If you need more storage space, CF cards
are dirt cheap (even Jono could afford one!)

Aq.

--
Medio tutissimus ibis.
(You will travel safest in a middle course)