[Wolves] Pipex ADSL anyone?

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 3 09:26:00 2002

> Doesn't domestic ADSL tend to come with a USB modem?  I take it that
> people can get these things working with Linux, but if you're planning to
> use an old 486 sans USB sockets as a firewall you'll need ethernet.

If you go for a wires only deal then all you get is a splitter that plugs
into your phone socket that funnily enough splits the broadband signal from
the analog signal. If the ISP has not bundled a modem/router into your ADSL
deal then you are free to choose your Linux compatible hardware of choice.

ADSL is the bane of my life at the moment. I am writing the internal Entanet
software for handling ADSL orders/accounts and trying to interface to BT is
a 'mare!

Regards

Jon

--