[Wolves] Peruvian Microsoft Rebuttal

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 13:17:01 2002

Hi folks,

With possibly the weirdest subject line ever in this
email, I thought I would bring to everyones attention
an amazing story that is unfolding about a politician
in Peru who is aiming to pass a free software bill for
goverment computer systems. He proposed the bill, then
asked for opinions form Microsoft Peru. Lo and behold
he got his reply, and he has responded in what has got
to be one of the most fantastic rebuttals to
Microsoft's FUD that I have seen.

The story about it is here:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-05-20-006-26-IN-LF-PB

and the letter is here:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-05-06-012-26-OS-SM-LL

This is great stuff, and I wonder if this bill has
been proposed for the UK parliment.

     Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] - jonoATkdeDOTorg
KDE Developer - Diary: http://www.advogato.org/person/jono/