[Wolves] Killing the Zaurus

Daniel Jones wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 18 17:05:12 2003

Aquarius wrote:

>Old Dan spoo'd forth:
>

>>What's a Linux PDA for, anyway, if you can't install weird shit?  I
>>*want* my UAE, my x64, my mplayer, my SDL, my X11, my
>>weird-shit-o-meter... so there.  :P
>>

>mplayer?
>
>On a Zaurus?
>
>Doesn't it run like a complete bitch? I have a hard enough time here
>with it, and that's on a real computer...

'Real' computer??

Didn't you get the memo?  The Zaurus *is* a 'real computer'... ;)

...and yes, it runs just fine... well, mostly... :)

You have to set it to '-really-quiet' or it's text output interferes
with the screen, and - well - you can't expect DVD-quality, obviously.

However, I'm currently watching 'Signs' which my dad - er - obtained
entirely legally, yeah that's it, entirely legally :) - which is encoded
into two 100-odd-megabyte files and is running just fine thankyou.  :)

What's the problem with mplayer on your machine?

--
Dan