[Wolves] A2RT Networked Computers

Steve Crozier wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 19 15:30:01 2003

On Saturday 19 Apr 2003 2:54 pm, Robert Smith wrote:

> 1) Knoppix supports USB out the box

super dandy!
> 2) XFC I belive is one of the preconfigured windows managers

cool, but i swear the improvments in version 4 are vast, theres no binaries
yet so i havn't installed here, as i don't know about CVS and so on, but
smurf, one of the freegeek volunteer ubergeeks who loves debian to bits
reckoned it rocked :-)

> 3) Digital cameras as you may know large numbers these days are USB mass
> storage devices which means "out of the box" support, on the down side not
> all cameras are, some still use manufacturer specific drivers etc.

thats true indeed, my camera, a decidedly lowtech digitaldream 'enigma 1.3'
doesn't directly work, but using a SM card reader works fine, and as plenty
digicams uses smartmedia or compact flash cards, then for 20 quid on a
generic cardreader you can get your pics on the box...

>  a copy would be useful
> as this is simple to do and would help things look more professional from
> your point of view

will do, i'll dig about for a quality version of the logo and send it to you.
You guys can do the complicated techie stuff and i'll make some pretty
backgrounds ;-)

ste