[Wolves] video files

James Turner wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 20:15:00 2003

On Tuesday 29 Apr 2003 7:17 pm, Simon Gill wrote:
> > Where can I find a Linux video player? For mpegs, movs,
> > anything like that?
> > Ideally I'd also like to find a Mozilla plugin to play video
> > files. Does
> > anyone know where I should start looking? I use Red Hat 8.0,
> > if that helps
> > at all...
>
> mplayerhq.hu is a great source, it will need compiling though.

Incidentally, rpm packages for Red Hat are also available for download from
here. Even though the page says "Red Hat 7.x" if you follow the link there
are packages for 8.0 too. I've just checked and the version I have (which was
probably downloaded when I was using R.H.7.3) still works under 9.

James