[Wolves] I'm back!

Old Dan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 13:37:00 2003

Chris Owen wrote:
> Nor can I agree with you on this one fizz.  Alex was effectively asking
> for us to condone his criminal activity.
When?  What I read was 'hello, I'm back'...  There was a reference to
'just because I got...' but I think that was sarcastic.  He's probably
learned his lesson.

   I'm not going to condone this
> any more than I would condone shoplifting or spray painting graffiti.
Would you condemn me for using p2p filesharing and smoking pot?  It's
criminal, after all...  and it probably costs about the same as
phreaking (that is, pretty much bugger all, except maybe a relatively
insignificant (compared to their profits) cost to the corporates)

> If you think that's authoritarian, dictatorial and patronising, fine,
> your view.  The guy is not lame because he got caught, the guy is lame
> because he broke the law and still wants us to pat him on the back for
> it.
I'll say it again, exactly when did he ask us to pat him on the back?
He lamented being off the internet, but then so would I.  He didn't say
'look at me, I'm so clever' at all.

This holier-than-thou stuff coming from the list is getting on my
nerves.  I can /remember/ being that age(dim and distant memories...)
and I guess I must be a natural rebel - I'd have /killed/ to be on the
phreaking scene, and yes, I'd probably have been a 14m3 script kiddie.
I wasn't and never have been a phreaker or a script kiddie, *but*....

...and no, I'm not condoning anything either.  From what I read you can
make a real nuisance of yourself with a beige box, but then we don't
actually know what he did do we?

Well thanks a lot for sobering me up.  You /do/ realise this means I'm
going to have to do /work/.  You bastards!  ;)

--
Dan