[Wolves] I'm back!

Old Dan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 11:40:01 2003

Jon Farmer wrote:
> From: "Steve Crozier" <info@a2rt.org>
>>" The women were acquitted in a landmark case at Liverpool Crown Court in
> July
>>1996 having argued that their act was justified in law as they were
>>preventing British complicity in genocide"
>
> This illustrates a major flaw in the Justice system. As far as I know
> nowhere in
> UK law do 2 wrongs make a right. The women you mentioned were guily of
> criminal damage. If they wanted to stop a illegal act by the UK government
> or other UK agency they should have gone through the courts.

If you think they're criminals then you think I'm a criminal.

If I were in their position, then I'd have done *exactly* the same thing.

The way I see this case is simple:  If you condemn them then you condone
genocide.  You also condemn the likes of the suffragettes in this
country and the civil rights movement in the US who broke many laws in
their fight for liberation.

Personally I think it's absurd that anyone would even countenance
backing BAe in a case like this - the jury certainly didn't.  The
government of Indonesia is guilty of systematic, documented crimes
against humanity, BAe is guilty of supplying them with the tools to
carry out those crimes, and the Government is guilty of idling by and
letting all this happen, when legal measures could easily be taken to
stop it.  Should have known really, there's no significant oil reserve
in Indonesia.

As to the point of 'they should have gone through the courts...' that
could take years, by which time the planes would have been used in the
murder of civilians.  (BTW they called for exactly that action to be
taken after they were acquitted)

::takes a deep breath::
There.  All calm now.

--
Dan
In 'serious' mode - trust /you/ lot to pick a subject I actually *care*