[Wolves] Need some help!

Jayne Heger wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 18:23:00 2003

Helen Randle wrote:

>Having been on the list for a few days now, and been reading the
>messages, I thought it was about time I posted something.

Welcome ;)

>I'm looking to convert to Linux, but don't really know where to start.
>I've read some stuff on various websites, but I don't understand it all.
>The bit I did understand was where it said to contact my local LUG,
>which I obviously have done! :-)

Yeah, we are all a friendly bunch here ;)

>I need some advice on what Linux to go for. I'm kind of drawn towards
>the off the shelf in a box type, as they seem easiest to work with (I'm
>not a computer novice, but I don't get all the kernel and stuff!), but
>there are quite a few to choose from. I know what I need my computer
>to do, but that seems more relevant to applications than OS (Ok, so I'll
>probably need help with that too!)

As Steve has said I use SuSE, its what I've always used and it is really
easy to set up, easier than Windows in my opinion.

If you ever need any help in setting it up feel free to email me with
any questions and I'll do my best to help.

Regards

Jayne