[Wolves] I'm back!

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 09:15:00 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: wolves-admin@mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:wolves-admin@mailman.lug.org.uk]On Behalf Of Steve Crozier

>As their manifesto said some gubbins about not selling arms to countries
with
>questionable human rights records, they are not doing what they
>deomcratically were elected to do. Hence direct action being used. I find
it
>absurd the idea that these women didn't think about going through the
courts
>or doing legal methods first.It doesn't work because our legal system is
>balanced towards to rights of a corporation , regardless of its activites.

I totally agree with what you are saying. If elective representatives are
NOT
doing what they said in their manifesto then they are NOT democratic no
matter
what they claim.

I am not really intending to add much more to this debate as I feel a lot of
what of have said so far has been taken out of context or subject to
conjecture.
What I will say is I am a pacifist and see true democracy as the only way.
The
problem as I see it these days is that direct action to often results in
violence
against people, animals or property and I dont agree with that as a means to
settle disputes.

Regards

Jon

---