[Wolves] MacOSX....*droool*

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 15:15:05 2003

--- Adam Sweet <drinky76@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ahem, I meant we have an iMac, I thought the white
> things on the swivelly base were called iPods,
> *blush*.

Hehe. I went for the 15" one and I got it off Ebay
with the Airport wireless card included, mint and
boxed for £1300. It is the powerbook with the combo
drive (DVD and CD-RW), not the Superdrive which as a
DVD-R. I think the equivilent of what I bought comes
to about £1750 so I am chuffed to bits, particularly
with what good condition it is in. :)

It really does piss all over PC laptops in terms of
the sleekness of the machine. It is little details
that make it so nice. Things such as the lack of a
huge clip when you close the screen - it is a small
sleek little lock. Also things ike the positioning of
the ports on the back, the illuminated apple logo,
backlit keyboard, illuminated charging light and other
little things. This is all before you have booted the
fecking thing. :) MacOS is a dream to use and is not
just good looking, but is really usable. I still
havent messed about with the machine fully yet as it
only came today, but initial reaction is jaw dropping.
:)

I have got Karamba running on my laptop and it does
look pretty good. :) Good plug for LXF in the other
message thread also. :) I am sure Nick Veitch would b
proud of you.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician