[Wolves] PDAs

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 15:30:01 2003

Heya,

one other thing to recommend the Zaurus (it is does
what you need it to do) - it has a built in keyboard
which makes dealing with a shell *far* easier. I have
quite large hands and it is big enough. OK
guys...bring on a joke about me saying I have large
hands...you know you want to...

  Jono

--- Old Dan <dan@dannyboy.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> Lee Parkes wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > I'm looking for a PDA for use at work. However
> there is a "must have" for it -
> > it must be able to be used as a terminal to
> connect to Cisco network kit. I
> > remember people here discussing the Sharp Zaurus,
> so I was wondering if anyone
> > had any experience of it and if it would do the
> job..
> >
> > Ta :)
> What kind of interface?  Ethernet?  Wireless?  IrDA?
>  Long piece of
> string tied to two paper cups?  ;)
>
> If it's IrDA there's an interface built-in.  If it's
> ethernet or
> wireless you can get plug-in cards to do it.
>
> Zaurus runs linux (obviously...) and you'll find the
> full suite of tools
> you'd expect to find under linux like ssh, telnet
> etc etc etc...
>
> So, yeah, in all likelihood(as in like 99.9999%)
> you'll be able to use
> it as a terminal.
>
> --
> Dan

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician