[Wolves] Quick wuftp problem

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 13:12:01 2003

I tried to set up ftp on my webserver yesterday and did this:

created user brian with home directory as a branch of the webserver path
-
/var/www/html/brian

changed permission on this directory ro read and write.

If I connect thru the Lan, everything works.

If I connect from external connection, I can connect as anon or Brian,
as brian it shows the  path correctly as /var/www/html/brian but then
hangs on 'receiving file names'

My brother tries from his XP machine using cuteftp and connects but gets
'unable to get a data socket'

I have allowed port 21 thru my smoothwall firewall.

Oh, maybe anserer my own question, do I need to allow/forward another
channel thru the firewall for the data?

Wayne

--
Wayne Morris <wayne@machx.co.uk>