[linux] [Wolves] Mounting var directory

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 19:18:00 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 18:58, Wayne Morris wrote:
> When I dug around and mounted hda5 , I found that this contains the var
> directory and contents, so I have been trying to mount this on boot in
> fstab with
> /dev/hda5    /var    ext3 defaults 1 2

This is sort of working now ,but giving the following error;
#/boot : clean
/home:  clean
/dev/hda5 is mounted e2fsck cannot continue, aborting.

An error occurred during the file system check

Var now contains the correct sub directories, but I'm in 'Repair
Filesystem' mode, and if I try to run fsck - it says 'running on a
mounted filesystem make cause damage'

Wayne