[Wolves] Change of venue summary

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 15:40:17 2003

Hi all,

Well from the recent discussion it seems the
asgreement is to stay at the Moon due to varying
reasons.

LEt me just clear up the LUG name issue. This is
indeed Wolves LUG, not Midlands LUG, not Black Country
LUG...Wolves LUG. This LUG is here to service the
Wolverhampton area, but people from other areas and
LUGs are more than welcome. Sparkes made some valid
points, and I think it is important that we
concentrate on the Wolves aspect to the LUG, and
taking the LUG out of Wolves would not be good in
hindsight. Nontheless, we have discussed it like Aq
says, and I am sure there are better places to have
meets. The main concern I have is with the yobbo's
that are sometimes around, but note the word
*sometimes*, they are few and far between, but we can
surely find a better place.

To find a better place it is gonna require a group
effort, and we need suggestions from everyone - I dont
know where the Gifford is, but it sounds a good
option. Any other suggestions?

This LUG can only work if we work together, and we
need to stay focussed on the issues in hand. The LUG
is indended to be fun and all opinions and views are
welcome and lets keep this fun atmosphere around, and
keep it accessable to all. I wouldnt want to move
meetings somewhere where someone like Adam or Peter
couldnt make it as they are long time members.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/
KDE Developer - Freelancer - Musician