[Wolves] help needed for charity using linux

wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 11:44:02 2003

Hey all,

My brother in law has been in touch. The org he works for has a red hat =
server for general office use. Their IT manager has left suddenly, leaving =
them in the lurch. They've had a couple of firms in who, not understanding =
linux, have used a little FUD to convince them they need Windows Server =
2003.

They use their server for a contacts database and to centrally store files =
etc.

The org can ill afford to waste money on Windows. All they need is someone =
to explain why linux is good and to point them towards linux help. I'm =
doing my best but I won't be able to do the in depth stuff. They can pay =
for help and really just need someone to show them how to do their backups =
etc.

Can anyone help me with this? It's getting fairly urgent - the FUD is =
starting to work on them.

Cheers!

Matthew.