[Wolves] Samba Question

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 16:58:01 2003

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!

My Samba server is set up with various shares, which seem to work
correctly from my XP box - depending on who you log into XP with, you
can rw the appropriate home share on the Samba server etc.

>From my Linux box, I can use smblient and access the shares using the
appropriate user/pass.

But I can only mount shares as root, and as root I have full access.
But even using (as root):

mount -t smbfs //webserve/share /home/wayne/share -o username=<user> -o
rw with correct user/pass

the share is mounted and readable, I just can write to it as user.

Any ideas?