[Wolves] apt help please

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 22 14:06:01 2003

Hi Re-LoaD,

Do a:

  apt-cache search linuxconf

that may bring up an installable package. Which
distribution are you using - stable/testing/unstable?

You may also want to look at http://www.apt-get.org/.

  Jono

--- Re-LoaD's LUG Mail <lug@networks.homeip.net>
wrote:
> Thanks Aq
>     I think there is a prob see output... can you
> give me a good list of
> sources..
> networks:~# apt-get --purge remove linuxconf
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   linuxconf*
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove
> and 144 not upgraded.
> 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 15.1MB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> (Reading database ... 17048 files and directories
> currently installed.)
> Removing linuxconf ...
> Deactivating Linuxconf/askrunlevel at boot time...
> done.
> dpkg - warning: while removing linuxconf, directory
> `/etc/linuxconf' not
> empty so not removed.
> Purging configuration files for linuxconf ...
> networks:~# apt-get install linuxconf
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package linuxconf has no available version, but
> exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned
> in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not
> available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Package linuxconf has no installation candidate
> networks:~#
>   cheers
> Re-

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Web Developer - Musician - Writer - Freelancer