[Wolves] PHP templates

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:48:01 2003

Hi Lee,

> Could you post up the link of the disscusion about
> templating for CMS's that
> you showed to Jono. I'd be interested in reading
> that, as I'd like to learn
> about moving code away from content.

The link that Aq showed me was a discussion on his
site (www.kryogenix.org). Have a poke around until he
finds and posts the link here.

Referring to template systems, I have been messing
with Smarty (http://smarty.php.net/) which in my use
so far has been pretty cool. The whole templates issue
is embroiled in discussion; in some it is useful to
seperate layout and programming code, but in other
ways it can complicate matters - like in smarty where
you need to keep assigning variables to the smarty
engine and learn their psuedo language to create the
templates.

Check it out and let us know how you get on. :)

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Web Developer - Musician - Writer - Freelancer