[Wolves] Nice one Ron!! (& Revolution OS) [was . . . Can anyone help?!]

Si Griffiths wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 21 00:09:00 2003

yeah right, have just been reminded that I got previous appointments on=20
tuesday morning and so won't be able to make the linux expo - appologies =
for=20
any inconvenience caused Jono ;)

also big thank you to Ron & Intellidata for the computers that they kindl=
y=20
donated to the A2RT cause - they were amazingly useful & it was all perfe=
ct=20
timing - we picked them up mid week from solihull & by friday 4 of them'd=
=20
been repurposed to take part in the multimedia installation that we were=20
doing for B'ham's contribution to Refugee Week last weekend - which basic=
ally=20
consisted of a website, a film, stencils & signage focusing upon the medi=
a=20
demonisation of refugees & asylum seekers, offering B'ham refugees the=20
opportunity to tell their side of the story, so yeah gratitude by the sac=
k=20
full.

Several of the refugees who we interviewed had/were done/doing computer=20
science (at degree level) & one of the things were currently thinking abo=
ut=20
is setting up a media lab with recycled computers at the refugee centre=20
through which we were first introduced to them - we've established some g=
ood=20
links with them & so if anything develops from this media lab idea it wou=
ld=20
be cool if we could get them into linux (if they ain't already) & from th=
ere=20
there's loads of connections which could be developed with the whole linu=
x=20
for educational & community establishments thing

Also if people are interested we could do a double bill on wednesday nigh=
t -=20
start off with the short film that we shot of B'ham refugees & their=20
experiences (presuming that Jono's still got one of them VHS video things=
=20
lying around??) & then for the main attraction Revolution OS - let us kno=
w if=20
people be interested in seeing the film that we made??

Vinnie