[Wolves] Amanda Perez Update

Ron Wellsted wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 09:37:02 2003

Right, that did it.  Once is annoying. Twice...

Complaints sent to abuse@virginrecords.com, abuse@amandaperez.com, and a
complaint filed at http://www.asa.org.uk in line with the recent email
advertising guidelines (as the spam does not make it clear in the subject
line that it is commercial).

I would suggest that other list members do likewise as the more complaints
there are the more likely they are to take notice certainly at the ASA.
However vary the message from the one I have sent.

The message I sent was as follows:

- - - - 8< - - - - -
The email address "wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk" which the following messages
were sent to is a mailing list for users of the Linux operating system in the
Wolverhampton area in the UK.  Unsolicited Commercial emails (UCE or spam) is
not welcome on the list.

It would be appreciated if the address "wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk" is remove
from your databases and no further messages sent (It might also be a good
idea to issue an apology to the list members).

A complaint has also been filed with the Advertising Standards Authority who
regulate all advertising within the UK (http://www.asa.org.uk).

Please note that I DO NOT want my personal email address added to your
database.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk