[Wolves] Zaurus' and stuff

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 08:27:00 2003

Matt Wright spoo'd forth:
> Next question, once I finially have enough money to aquire the said device
> does anyone here use OpenZaurus instead of Sharp's ROM??

I think everyone bottled it so far. I haven't done it because
(a) you really need two CF cards, one containing OZ and one with a copy
of the Sharp ROM, just in case it screws up [1]
(b) I've got a ropy usbdnet installation, which means that sometimes
(when using QtopiaDesktop, for example) my machine locks up hard.
Kernel crash. Flatline. I have to power cycle it and watch it fsck all
the drives. In the process of upgrading to 2.4.20 to fix this...

Aq.

[1] or you need something other than your Z that can write CF cards and
only one CF card, which Jono has, but that's not really an option for
most people

--
Why am I not surprised that Microsoft would make these things HTTP
Equivs? What next? Extending HTTP 1.1 so that "GET" is followed by "or