Live CDs was: Re: [Wolves] Freegeek visit

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 30 20:07:01 2003

> I know SuSE have live evaluation CDs available,
> though I've never used one. If anyone else has good
> recommendations, please let us  know, I'd like to
> try a few more of them out.

The SuSE ones were pretty good, pretty functional,
nice looking and easy to set up. They run from the CD
(duh!) so speed is a little grinding at times and it
also writes to a Windows partition, I don't know if
the others mentioned do (you're too clued up to need
me to mention about your friend having an NTFS
partition, but I'm sure the disk would point this out
anyway). Generally they're great, I used to carry one
around with me all the time, just in case.
The other recommendations sound good, there are some
crap ones out there though...
After some discussion aeons ago I brought some to a
meeting for you to look at, but you didn't and my
subsequent therapy was expensive. Kidding...

Ad (still alive)

PS Won't make this week as have assignment in next day.

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk

Use Linux. Because it's better.

Yahoo! Plus