[Wolves] Blueyonder DHCP

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 15:04:01 2003

Hi Guys

Well I finally got Blueyonder installed. Due to circumstances beyond my
control at the time I got the system up and running on my laptop's PCMCIA
NIC and it tested out ok.. Later I tried to add the NIC address of eth0 on
my gateway machine via the selfcare website. This failed and when I
contacted BY tech support they told me there were issues with the selfcare
website and instead took the additional MAC address over the phone. The
support girl said it would take anything from 20 mins to 24 hours for the
change to work and that powering off the modem for 30 mins might help.. well
we are nearly up to the 24hrs and its still not working. All I have done is
told /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 that its DHCP. Do I need to
configure anything else? When I try to bring the interface up it looks for a
DHCP server but after about 30 secs it timesout and returns failed. Should I
be doing anything else to make my system compatible with BY DHCP?

Regards

Jon

--
Jon Farmer