[Wolves] Debian

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu May 1 16:10:01 2003

Hi MAtt,

Debian *is* the way forward and once you use it you
will havbe little reason to go back. Matt Warwick has
just installed it on his laptop with his WLAN. Which
WLAN card are you using by the way.

Bes thing to do is to get on IRC at #wolveslug. There
will be someone there to help you out.

Debian isnt that out of date if you use some different
apt sources to get your software from and use the
testing distribution. That is what I use and I am
running pretty new KDE, OpenOffice.org and Mozilla.

Most of the LUG when we started used SuSE and Mandrake
and now pretty much everyone is on Debian. :)

  Jono

--- Matthew Revell <matt@understated.co.uk> wrote:
> Okay, after seeing the Debian zealoutry of some
> Wolves LUG members last
> night, I think I'm gonna give it a go. I've never
> tried it before because
> everyone I've asked previously has said that it's
> out of date. However, I'm
> sure it's more than easy enough to upgrade to the
> latest KDE etc.
>
> I was just wondering, tho', does anyone have any
> advice for potential
> pitfalls or handy hints for Debian? Particularly as
> I'm using it on my
> laptop and would love to get WLAN working!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/