[Wolves] Re: [Wolves]Zaurus SL-5500

AlexG wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 6 20:01:01 2003

> --- alexgay@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> > I've just got off the phone from Data-Tech, Sharps
> > recomended retailer, and they said that the Zaurus
> > has been discontinued.  They also have no idea
> > whether the SL-5600 will be released. :-(
>
> Discontinued? Is this the entire line or just that
> model?
>
> I hope the Zaurus does continue to be developed. It is
> pretty damn cool. :D

The 5500 has been discontinued.  The 5600 is on the american website
(www.sharp.com) and available for preorder on another american site.  I
havn't seen anything about the C700 except that it is doing well in Japan,
but I don't like the look of it it has that fold out personal organiser
look.

Hopefully I read a good review of the SL-5600 in a magazine in a few months
and be able to get one then.  Other than that I'll have to look out for them
second hand.

Alex