[Wolves] Promoting Linux

AlexG wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 13 19:01:01 2003

> >Not true at all, XP and 2000 boot right from the CD, and will do
> >partitioning and formatting for you through the installer. And you don't
> >need to bother fiddlign with things like mount points, which totally
> >threw me the first time I installed. At least the newer installers hide
> >that from most users, unless you actually want to specify them yourself.
> >
> so did NT4, win98 and Me.
Win98?  It does boot from the CD but you still have to know how to use
FDISK.  Unless I have been doing it wrong all these years, (I only follow
the book (-: ),  I havn't had the Pleasure(?) of installing 2000 or XP so I
will take your word for it.

> although most of them died when encountering a large unpartitioned disc.
Aha! ;)

--
Alex G
"When did ignorance become a ppint of view?"