[Wolves] postfix config help

Steve wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 20 11:10:00 2003

hi

We (me, si and jayne) been trying to set up mailserver, using postfix, fetchmail and courier-imap.Fetch works, so does
courier, but can't seem to figure out why postfix isn't working. Try to send mail, and it ends up just being queued.

One thing i a little confused about.Docs say that a FQDN is needed for hostname otherwise it won't work.We don't have have
this, it's simply 'foeserver'. I changed it to foeserver.localdomain, and used 'localdomain' as the domain.

The other thing is that the mailowner is 'postfix'. do we then need to make an actual linux user called 'postfix'?

One more question. I made a user called mailgetter, which i used in fetchmail to recieve mail. I thought that the postfix
mailowner should be the same, but it didn't work (sorry , can't be any more specific than that.)

The mailserver is being set up so that 3 accounts (all going to the same inbox) can be set up and accessed from any
machine.

As you can tell we a little hazy about how this thing works , so some help would be super!

ste