[Wolves] Coyote Linux

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun May 25 20:33:00 2003

 --- Jayne Heger <sphynx@clara.co.uk> wrote: >

> Oh, can I possibly ask a favour please? has anyone
> got a spare ISA
> ethernet card they don't want?  as I'll be needing
> that, as I'll need 2
> in the 486 machine presumably.

Yeah I have a few old 3Com ISA Ether Express cards,
they're only 10Mbit, but they are comfortably Linux
friendly.

In return I would like to talk to you about your
Beowolf cluster and your mail fileserver plans as I
have recently taken delivery of a few of those old
Apricot/Mitsubishi PCs the uni got rid of last year
and gave to that charity for whom I fixed them up last
summer. I was thinking of doing some kind of clustered
web/ftp/mail server thingy. I would be very grateful
to anyone else who has advice here as I don't know
where to start.

Let me know if you want the card and I'll bring you
one.

Adamski

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk

Use Linux. Because it's better.

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm