[Wolves] debian servers comprimised

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Nov 26 14:30:46 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 20:49, sparkes wrote:
> http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/files/fw/debian-security-20031121.txt
>
> some probs with the debian servers I did some dist-updates from
> security at debian and the uk mirror yesterday so it looks like doing it
> again once the security server is known true again.

http://www.wiggy.net/debian/

for details of how the clean up is progressing, it seems that today or
tommorow full details will be released.

they are advising debian developers to change their passwords on other
machines cos $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts was read by the attackers.

I wonder how many debian developers use the same password on more than
one machine? lazy buggers ;-)

sparkes